This post is beyond OVERDUE. I should have blogged about this right after 1st semester ended. I didn't because I was too lazy and too tired. HAHA!
I am on my last year in College that's why I wanted to make a difference. Or from the very start I really wanted to do something that I haven't done before. Something productive. When I decided to join Lyceum Independent Sentinel, I just wanted to write. Write anything under the sun. And yes, honestly, I also joined the school paper so I have something to put on my "future" resume. But, the school paper made me into something I thought I could never be.
I just applied for feature writer but they gave me something more. I remember when Mam Ren asked "What position are you applying for?" I said,writer for features or news (thank God! they didn't gave me news.) They asked why not Editor? and I answered "Because I don't have experience, "nagsusulat lang naman po ako ng articles sa klase niyo, Sir (referring to Sir Gil)." I don't know what happened but they gave me an Editorial Position. Feature Editor - unbelievable. Me? an editor? Anyway, I have to face it.
I questioned myself if I deserve the position, actually until now. But, everytime I remember my Kuya's motivation and my ate's (cousin) kind words, I
always hold on. That's another issue. :)
I didn't write this blog to talk about my insecurities. (that's another story) :)

Lyceum Independent Sentinel's Ed Board :)

with my partner/lil bro in Feature Section

meeting mode

Team Building
The Sentinel, taught me many things. Skills without love and passion is worthless. The school paper also opened my life to new people. At the end of the semester, I gained new friends and created a family. We are not perfect. We have our own flaws but little by little I came to know each one of them. Shared little stories to big secrets. First issue of my section is Okay. But, I know I haven't done my best because I was excited to release my first article and I'm just learning the life of an editor. A hard but fulfilling one.
Along with Sentinel, our very own LPU Camera Club was already official, and I also joined other school organizations. And I realized, I didn't just join this organizations just to put something on my resume but because I want to take a step forward. I want to be out on my comfort zone. And I have done a good job. I enjoyed my first semester with work and fulfillment.
First Semester made me appreciate Chemistry Class, I'm a bit slow when it comes to sciences but I learned something from this subject because of our professor. She's a good and considerate professor, thanks Mam Nicdao. I will also remember Mam Tabin in Logic, because of her I became closer to our Creator. :)

My Chem Loorves.
Though, this semester marked my lowest grades. :)
I don't have a 5.00 nor 3.00 but my highest grade was only 1.75 and got more 2.50. Still, this is my most productive semester, ever!
But I need to say goodbye to you. I have to say hi to second sem.
Oh Gosh! I'm almost there. Thank you Lord. :)
P.S. I am experiencing a writer's block right now that's why I need to right something random. Sorry if I have wrong grammars or whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment