1. Mitch Albom - all his books never fail to inspire me. After I read five people you meet in heaven, I dream of publishing an inspirational book/novel someday. He is not afraid to tell his readers his own story. He is also a generous and helpful human being. Something that I dream to be someday - to inspire. The Have a little Faith book changed my life. :)
2. Mr. Guillermo Santos my professor in my Journalism subjects. If he would be introduced on programs/seminars, we (the journalism students) would laugh because of his many achievements. It would take 10 minutes or more to recite all his accomplishments. His memory is very sharp (esp. history!) even if he's already old. He is very intelligent and knowledgeable but very considerate (oh! except in writing straight news!) FYI, he was offered by President Ramos to be his Press Secretary but he refused. He thought that it would be biased as a journalist. Despite his many commitments he still teaches. He thought tha the credibility of Journalists are decreasing that's is why he wants to train (us.) Unlike the other professors, he would go to class punctually and regularly. He would just dismiss us early if he has meeting. We need more professors like him; dedicated, passionate, tactful and has concern for his students. Rock on, sir! :)
OH MY GOSH! THIS IS HARD. I need to skip some numbers. Sorry.
3.
4.
5.
6. Bianca Gonzalez, she may have the most number of mentions in my blog but I will never be ashamed of it. She inspires me a lot. There's something in her that would always make me smile. She was just a regular, shy school girl but look at her now she is a tv host/model/ unicef advocate. That's what i dream to be, someone who is still simple and friendly even if she has already achieved her dreams. She also values friendship so much :) (OMG! I sound like a stalker here, haha!) My friends know how much I love Bianca Gonzalez. She's my role model! :) Try to read her blog: superbianca.blogspot.com so that you would understand me.
7. My father, Mr. Reynaldo B. Andaya, working outside the country for his family's future. That's what my Papa does. My Papa's story might be an ordinary story but for me this is a special story that I would remember for the rest of my life. Papa came from a poor family in Bataan. Lolo is a farmer while my Lola is a plain housewife. My Papa is the 3rd child from the eight siblings. Being one of the oldest, he learned to work in an early age. He works on their farm early morning then proceed to school after he handed all his earnings to Lola. He even told me that he experienced self pity wherein his baon is just tuyo (dried fish)and rice wrapped in a banana leaf while his classmates have adobo, fried chicken etc. Someone even exchanged baon with Papa because he wanted to taste the tuyo. Papa didn't finish technical school to go to Saudi Arabia so that he could earn more money for his family.
That's where he met his true love. :) And yes, that's my Mama. :)
Papa is a man who has a vision of giving a good education for his children. He promised his self that he should be able to let his children finish their studies. If you could just see the smile on his face when he attended Kuya's graduation. Its the best smile I have ever seen.
He wanted us to dream higher and be a better person. He is a very loving husband. Everytime my Mama gets angry he just smiles. He calls more than three times a day to Mama *sweetest*. Whenever I tell him my impossible dreams, he would just smile and say "Maabot mo din yan mag-aral ka lang mabuti." Whenever i turn to him in times that my world is falling apart, when I feel insecure or anything he would say " Kaya mo 'yan, ikaw pa." These words can be said by anyone but when it came from my father I know it is very sincere. And another plus for Papa, HE KNOWS ABOUT VAMPIRE DIARIES before i even watch it. haha! COOOOOLLLLEEESSSTTT FATHER EVER! I love you Papa, so much as well as Mama.
Mr. Reynaldo Andaya, you inspire me a lot. :)
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment