Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

60 books and counting

Yehey! I'm so happy I completed my goal, two weeks and 5 days before  the year ends.
I'm so happy. 60 books, hmm not bad for me. I never really had reading goals before. I usually read books whenever I want to escape from reality (trust me, this means always) and read another if I have spare time. I have a tendency to repeat the book over and over again (*ehem* Norwegian Wood).

This year, its different! I challenged myself to read more. I really want to change my goal to 100 but, I have doubts! haha! Don't worry next year, I might challenge myself to 80-100 books. 
And I still have 3 books in my currently reading list and I just hope I could finish it before the year ends. :)

These are the books that made my goal possible: 







My Top 5 Favorites:
1. SPUTNIK Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami - no doubt, hahaha! 
2. Before Ever After - Samantha Sotto
3. Stardust - Neil Gaiman (my first time to read a Gaiman book! I promise to read more of his books next year)
4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
5. After Dark - Haruki Murakami

The runner ups:
*The Girl who was on fire - different authors talk about The Hunger Games. TEAM Katniss! Yey!
*Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
* Truth About Forever, Just Listen and Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen
* The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman 

My feel good books:
of course, from my favorite! Meg Cabot -- I laughed with her at Queen of Babble, can't wait to read the sequels.
Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List - Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Chain Reaction - Simone Elkeles
Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
Ligo na u, Lapit na me - Eros Atalia
Beastly - Alex Flinn

Lessons, lessons, lesson:
Actually, all those books taught me life lessons, new things, new ideas and gave me wider imagination...
Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress - Susan Jane Gilman
Ligo na u, Lapit na me - Eros Atalia (haha!)
Lock & Key & Just Listen - Sarah Dessen
Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
What I talk about when I talk about running - Haruki Murakami

I expected too much:
South of the Border West of the sun - Haruki Murakami (I always wanted to read this book, its kinda boring but I still like it.. maybe I just expected for something more, idk!)
The Vampire Diaries book 1 - I love the tv series sooo muuuch but I don't know what happened. LOL
Delirium - Lauren Oliver 

Cried so much (goooosh!):
The Time Traveler's wife - Audrey Niffenegger ... Need I say more?
I can't remember how many times I cried with Sarah Dessen's books.


Dear eyes, really really sorry but I can't help it! :)

I also want to share this photo that I saw in my tumblr dashboard,
Photo by: syaraku


Child choosing a destination. 
(I can't get the exact link of the one who added the words)

Cheers to more books. more reads. more happiness.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome, Kit - congrats on reaching your goal! :D I think I'd like to join GoodReads so I can set myself a goal...

    It sounds like you read some awesome books this year - I also enjoyed some Sarah Dessen books, and "Anna and the French Kiss" was pretty good, too. Have you read "Lola and the Boy Next Door" by the same author? You should try it - I really liked it. :)

    I can't wait to read "Delirium"! :)

    Plus, that photo is absolutely priceless. I LOVE it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Taylor THANKS! :) You should join goodreads too, you can also meet new bookworm friends. hehe. but, most of the time, i just go there to update my reading lists and checkout summaries of books that I want to read or look at my fave authors' activities. hehe.

    I still haven't read Lola and the Boy next Door :/ but it is on my to read list. :)

    I knew it! You'll love that awesome photo! Cheers to more books! :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Taylor THANKS! :) You should join goodreads too, you can also meet new bookworm friends. hehe. but, most of the time, i just go there to update my reading lists and checkout summaries of books that I want to read or look at my fave authors' activities. hehe.

    I still haven't read Lola and the Boy next Door :/ but it is on my to read list. :)

    I knew it! You'll love that awesome photo! Cheers to more books! :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'll probably use GoodReads for that, too - making reading lists, etc. :)

    I hope you enjoy "Lola and the Boy Next Door"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Taylor just tell me if you already made an account okay? So I can add you up! :) Yey!

    ReplyDelete