Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there. Of course, Happy Father's Day to my Superman, my Papa.
I've been thinking what entry would I post here because I have already posted the different versions of Dance with my Father on my last posts. So this time, this post will be dedicated only to my Papa.
This is an old entry from an internet meme i made last year (2010). On Day 4: Post the 7 people who inspires you. Click here for the link of that blog post..
Anyway, this is the post I've included on the 7th person who inspires me. And yes, the most influential :)
7. My father, Mr. Reynaldo B. Andaya, working outside the country for his family's future. That's what my Papa does. My Papa's story might be an ordinary story but for me this is a special story that I would remember for the rest of my life. Papa came from a poor family in Bataan. Lolo is a farmer while my Lola is a plain housewife. My Papa is the 3rd child from the eight siblings. Being one of the oldest, he learned to work in an early age. He works on their farm early morning then proceed to school after he handed all his earnings to Lola. He even told me that he experienced self pity wherein his baon is just tuyo (dried fish)and rice wrapped in a banana leaf while his classmates have adobo, fried chicken etc. Someone even exchanged baon with Papa because he (his classmate) wanted to taste the tuyo. Papa didn't finish technical school to go to Saudi Arabia so that he could earn more money for his family.
That's where he met his true love. :) And yes, that's my Mama. :)
Papa is a man who has a vision of giving a good education for his children. He promised his self that he should be able to let his children finish their studies. If you could just see the smile on his face when he attended Kuya's graduation. Its the best smile I have ever seen.
He wanted us to dream higher and be a better person. He is a very loving husband. Everytime my Mama gets angry he just smiles. He calls more than three times a day to Mama *sweetest*. Whenever I tell him my impossible dreams, he would just smile and say "Maabot mo din yan mag-aral ka lang mabuti." Whenever i turn to him in times that my world is falling apart, when I feel insecure or anything he would say " Kaya mo 'yan, ikaw pa." These words can be said by anyone but when it came from my father I know it is very sincere. And another plus for Papa, HE KNOWS ABOUT VAMPIRE DIARIES before i even watch it. haha! COOOOOLLLLEEESSSTTT FATHER EVER! I love you Papa, so much as well as Mama.
Mr. Reynaldo Andaya, you inspire me a lot. :)
This post was published on 2010 (I'm still at school.) Now, I already graduated.. so maybe things are falling into place for our family. So yeah! Cheers to all the awesome Fathers out there! :)

Happy Father's Day to your papa, he sounds like a great dad!
ReplyDeleteate Kit!! so sweet!!! happy dad's day. :)-cindy
ReplyDelete