Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Epic movies of my childhood

I love watching movies. I grew up watching movies with my Kuya Ryan and Tita Edios whenever there's a new film that will be released in theaters. I am very open in watching different genres of films. I can watch comedy to drama, action, sci fi etc. I want to try anything just like my choice of books.

Eversince, I have been a huge fan of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leah, daydreamed with me on Legolas dating (haha!), cried with Woody and all the awesome toys of Andy, rooted for Peter Parker and MJ, also had a crush with Robin... (Batman and Robin) and wished that Cyclops is real and he will marry me (Oh! good Lord!).

I hated Darth Vader so much that i even imagined myself killing him. (Anyway, we watched this in VHS... 3 or 4 VHS tapes) It started from Star Wars 4: A new Hope to Star Wars. My favorite is Return of the Jedi, 6th film.  In highschool, my Kuya shared that there will be another star wars movie (Star Wars 1: The Phantom Menace). He explained that it is were it all started. A big reason to watch Darth Vader's back story, what is his life before he became the cruel Darth Vader. I remember, my first girl crush is Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman).

My unforgettable memory of watching the Star Wars movies is when my brother needs to run so that we'll be the first in line to buy the tickets but when he arrived the line is already long. EPIC moment! haha

The Epic movie poster (so old :/)

And yes i remember how much I adore the effects of Lord of the Rings and how I tried to control myself from screaming when Legolas is using his bow and arrow for the war.. i can still remember that zoom  shot! argh! He's so beautiful! haha :) I love the Lord of the Rings: The Two towers the most! :)



And I'm a Spiderman fan so much.. i think Spiderman 2 and 3 is most memorable because we watched it with Papa :) father and kids moment. I love Spiderman so much. Come on! who doesn't know that famous line "With Great power comes great responsibility" and of course that epic upside down kissing scene moment with MJ. *blush*


My Spiderman

And the recent hype, is the Xmen First Class wherein I've learned more about Magneto and Professor X (the history of their friendship) :) I remember I have read the Xmen Comics but not all of it and when i was a kid, all I know is that Storm is awesome and i will marry Cyclops someday! haha! Until, sequels and prequels were released... I've loved the film more and every Xmen character has a huge place in my heart... So when I watched Xmen First Class.. It was so nostalgic because this is were it all started. Btw, can't wait for the next prequels. haha


The aweome Storm

But the film that has affected me the most is... Toy Story!!!...3

Toy Story 1... 1995, I was five years old. Toy Story 2... 1999, I was 9 years old... then 2010/2011, Toy Story 3 was released.. I am already 20 years old. Already said goodbye to my teen years.

Toy Story 3, Little Andy is now a big Andy who will be leaving home for College and the movie opened with videos of little Andy playing with his toys. Before, it feels like they're his only world. It may have a simple plot but for me its the most real.. Remember when Woody looked at his shoe and he saw Andy's name on it. It actually tore me up, and what's funny is my Kuya is also touched.. because of one thing... We actually grew up with Andy. When we watched the movie, we're on the stage of our lives that our toys were just a display or a hand me down for our little cousins and little nephews and nieces. And just like Andy, there are certain toys that we don't want to give. It feels like we will be violated. But, like what Andy did with Woody, he gave him up... to someone he knows who could treat his toys the way he treated them.

 It was also a touching scene when Andy saw his little self in Bonnie. Awww. Also, we have to learn to let go because life teaches us that people will come and go in our lives like the toys of Andy. :) I could watch this movie over and over again.



I just hope film makers could still make new awesome films like this for the younger generation. Something wherein they could treasure their childhood moments. :)

So how about you what's your favorite movie?

3 comments:

  1. Those films are some of my favourites too! However, my first love goes to Pixar, especially Ratatouille. I cry and I laugh with them, and the setting is just gorgeous, Paris and the Eiffel Tower, couldn't ask for more! - Mar
    http://notyourordinarybeautyqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Lord of the Rings... LOTR is amazing! My favorite movie is "The Return of the King", my favorite character is Sam, and I constantly quote the movies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! LOTR = looove! :)

    ReplyDelete