Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

#my500words: Sunrise

*random*

I like to create story concepts or themes but I never get to start anything. Whenever I think of a story, I start to imagine everything in my head. Poor me, I can't put it into words, yet. 

But, I think I had this story last year... well actually not a story but a scene in my head that I constantly imagine every night.

Well, I don't want to jump directly on my favorite scene, I'll introduce my characters first.

Caitlyn (Cat) is a writer in her university's newspaper organization. She loves bands, coffee, and dreams to watch the sunrise. She can spend time being with different people but she also wants to spend time alone. She has two close friends, Issa and Samantha (though she prefers to be called Sam.)

Cat's life changed when she was assigned by her editor to do Sports features. Sports writing is not Caitlyn's thing but she cannot do anything about it. She thought of focusing on their university's football team. The team is now winning competitions which will make it easier for Cat.

There he will meet different guys who will become her good friends. Though, there will be this one guy (which I forgot what name I gave him) who'll she have a crush with. I'm thinking of the name... Okay, I'll try another name for this post. hmmm. Okay, I'll use Aiden. Aiden, is a good guy. Good but a snob. She already know Cat before they met in the university.

There's a time during summer break, Aiden visits this little book shop in their town and he always saw Cat spends most of her time there. She's one of the few people allowed by the owner to bring coffee near the bookshelves. Aiden felt a connection to Cat. It is a different feeling that he is trying to figure out. He observed Cat's actions and whereabouts but he never had the courage to say Hi or something.

Aiden has a girlfriend. He loves her. Aiden really tried hard not to mind what he felt when he saw this certain bookworm girl. But, as much as Aiden tried to not know the girl, it looks like they will be spending more time together.

Cat decided to make a feature of each athlete, so she is required to spend time with them.

At first, the two didn't really get along. Aiden is being a jerk because he's afraid that he might like Cat more than a friend. Until, he decided to be himself... and gave their friendship a chance.

They became friends. Close friends. Aiden realized that maybe, just maybe Cat is his soul mate. Cat feels the same. But, she doesn't want to ruin any relationship.

They continue to do things together in the university like regular school mates. They are friends but they have strong feelings for each other. Something that even long-time lovers cannot explain.

Until, one day they realized that they have to do something about the certain connection that they are feeling.

This is the time that the football team had a 3-day training wherein they invited Cat to join.

Cat and Aiden enjoy the moment as friends until they decided to go to the rooftop of the vacation house.

rooftop scene:
They sat there in silence then Aiden started to tell Cat everything he feels. From the first time he saw her, the reason why he's being a jerk until the last few days that they became so close. Then Aiden revealed the heartbreaking words but the most honest words he had said to someone.

Aiden: Caitlyn, you have this certain effect on me. No matter how many times I try to push you away, I feel like I can't help but go back. I forget everything whenever I talk to you. Whenever I'm with you I feel like have this certain kind of freedom. There are moments that even if I try to pull away, something always happens that keeps me pushing towards you. It is so funny that I thought of breaking up with Macy but whenever I look at her, I can't imagine my future without her. Whenever I'm with you, it breaks my heart to hug you the way you deserve to be hugged. I am so confused right now. I'm really really sorry if I'm hurting you.

Caitlyn: (as she is trying not to cry) I really don't know Aiden. I want to hate you for not choosing me but I don't. I don't hate Macy too. She is a good person. I can see and feel that you really love each other. It's like you have this unbreakable bond and even if I don't believe in forever, I learned to believe because of your love for each other. I just can't understand on why do I have to be in this situation. Why do I have to feel this way about you? I want to let you go... but it feels like I'm leaving another part of myself.

Aiden: That's what I feel too.

Caitlyn: I even tried to imagine that maybe we were two lost souls from the past who finally had the chance to be with each other.. but we were too scarred and broken to attach our souls back. They don’t fit anymore.

Aiden: Ha? two lost souls. Not meant-to-be? Bullshit, right. Cliche? Wow.

Caitlyn: Thought it just happens in the movies.

Aiden: I don't know but Thank you Caitlyn for exposing another layer of myself to me. Thank you for teaching me not to hold back about life. I hope I have done something good to you too. I'm sorry if I am hurting you.

Caitlyn: When I welcomed you in my life, I never really thought you'll have a huge impact. I thought you are just another unattainable crush... The things that you said to me? I felt it too. You made me more alive, Aiden. The only mistake I did is I expected that you'll do it forever. Funny huh? A person who is a "forever" hater suddenly believed in "eternally." So if I am hurt today, it is all because of me.

Aiden: I still want to say sorry.

Caitlyn: Don't be. You just love Macy and even we have this strong connection, you never let your feelings for her fade away. She is your true love Aiden. Never let her go.

Aiden: But it means... I have to let you go....

Caitlyn: Maybe that is why life is fascinating... Some people come into your life to stay and be with you while some just passes by to teach you lessons. And I am that passerby. You'll be okay Aiden! You've been great without me. Do not confuse your heart anymore. Macy is the finish line.

Aiden hugged Caitlyn so tight. It felt like it is the last time that they will be this close to each other. They stayed there sitting on the roof top looking at each other silently. It is like they are memorizing each others' faces because it will be the last time they'll look at each other. Then the sun rises slowly. They held each others hand and watched the most beautiful sunrise they've ever seen.

**Sunrise, 

No comments:

Post a Comment