....*free writing
The first Exception Music Festival, the festival has three or four stages wherein different artists will perform. We only stayed at the OPM stage because most of the other stages are for … I’m sorry I don’t know the specific names of this music but it’s more for party goers. So going back… the OPM stage was really cool but it is when Parokya ni Edgar came out on stage that got me. I was a fan of the band ever since and to be in the same place without the usual “siksikan and sobrang init” vibe with them made the concert more memorable. Most of PNE gigs are full and as Chito Miranda said “minsan lang tayo magkaroon ng venue na hindi mainit, hindi siksikan, at chill lang” so everyone really enjoyed the moment. They have a large following so when I got in front of the stage, I never really left. It was one of the best moments because I thought I already forgot the lyrics of some of their songs but when they started playing, I joined in singing and it felt like I never really forgot any of their songs.
The Demi Lovato live in Manila. Before her concert, I'm going crazy because I cannot afford the ticket even the cheapest one. Until, my friends saw in an discount coupon website that Demi's concert tickets are on sale... I usually don't know how those work so I called the most reliable person when it comes to shopping, my bestfriend! She always purchases deals online so I called her until she decided to go to the concert with me. I have to admit, Demi is so faraway but I was so happy to watch her sing and perform live. Her voice is exceptional. Even Trixie who is not a fan, enjoyed the concert. I love Demi because aside from her music, she is an inspiration to her fans. She knows that she is not perfect but she always tell her fans that it is okay not to be. She is a rock star on stage.
I have watched many live videos of her on youtube and the message she gives before she start singing skycraper always give me goosebumps. Actually, I got teary eyed when she gave her message to her Filipino fans even if it was already expected that she'll give that heartfelt message. Her sincerity to her fans is unquestionable. She is really a one tough girl.
The XX live in Manila. I first heard the XX thru Gossip Girl. My brother also recommended it to me and gave me their albums. I instantly fell in love. They are like Florence and the Machine (which I loooove so much.) I watched the concert with my brother (of course!) We really wanted to buy the gold section tickets but we thought that it's too expensive and settled for silver section. Even if the audience in the silver tickets are kinda kill joy, I still enjoyed watching Jamie, Oliver, and Romy perform. My brother is concerned that I might not be able to breathe because the place is packed with people and it is suffocating --and I was screaming and singing my hearts out like I don't care. I have to admit that in all the concerts that I've attended, it is one event that I don't want to end. When we're singing "Angels", I thought I'm going to cry because I don't want the night to end. I don't know why I'm so emotional about this. haha!
After the concert, my brother and I agreed that next time we'll not have second thoughts on buying the most expensive ticket so we can watch closer. But, as true fans? It is enough to be there... hear and watch them perform live. Even if you're on the farthest or nearest, it doesn't matter anymore because you're happy to watch your favorite band/artist.
--
It was so fulfilling to watch concerts when you know that you buy tickets from your hard-earned money. Of course, free tickets are nice but we don't have to rely on it always. It is a different feeling when you buy it because it's like you feel more dedicated to your favorite artist (I'm speaking for people who are middle class concertgoers.) You don't have to compete or even beg for tickets because if you really want something you would do anything to get it. :)
The Demi Lovato live in Manila. Before her concert, I'm going crazy because I cannot afford the ticket even the cheapest one. Until, my friends saw in an discount coupon website that Demi's concert tickets are on sale... I usually don't know how those work so I called the most reliable person when it comes to shopping, my bestfriend! She always purchases deals online so I called her until she decided to go to the concert with me. I have to admit, Demi is so faraway but I was so happy to watch her sing and perform live. Her voice is exceptional. Even Trixie who is not a fan, enjoyed the concert. I love Demi because aside from her music, she is an inspiration to her fans. She knows that she is not perfect but she always tell her fans that it is okay not to be. She is a rock star on stage.
I have watched many live videos of her on youtube and the message she gives before she start singing skycraper always give me goosebumps. Actually, I got teary eyed when she gave her message to her Filipino fans even if it was already expected that she'll give that heartfelt message. Her sincerity to her fans is unquestionable. She is really a one tough girl.
The XX live in Manila. I first heard the XX thru Gossip Girl. My brother also recommended it to me and gave me their albums. I instantly fell in love. They are like Florence and the Machine (which I loooove so much.) I watched the concert with my brother (of course!) We really wanted to buy the gold section tickets but we thought that it's too expensive and settled for silver section. Even if the audience in the silver tickets are kinda kill joy, I still enjoyed watching Jamie, Oliver, and Romy perform. My brother is concerned that I might not be able to breathe because the place is packed with people and it is suffocating --and I was screaming and singing my hearts out like I don't care. I have to admit that in all the concerts that I've attended, it is one event that I don't want to end. When we're singing "Angels", I thought I'm going to cry because I don't want the night to end. I don't know why I'm so emotional about this. haha!
After the concert, my brother and I agreed that next time we'll not have second thoughts on buying the most expensive ticket so we can watch closer. But, as true fans? It is enough to be there... hear and watch them perform live. Even if you're on the farthest or nearest, it doesn't matter anymore because you're happy to watch your favorite band/artist.
--
It was so fulfilling to watch concerts when you know that you buy tickets from your hard-earned money. Of course, free tickets are nice but we don't have to rely on it always. It is a different feeling when you buy it because it's like you feel more dedicated to your favorite artist (I'm speaking for people who are middle class concertgoers.) You don't have to compete or even beg for tickets because if you really want something you would do anything to get it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment