Three years ago, I went to the Philippine Fashion Week with my college friends. We don't have a grand plan that night but just to have fun and appreciate new designs from the most talented Pinoy designers. We went there early to line up and have good seats.
Until, one friend talked to some models in a cafe near the event place. This friend told us that the models asked her if they can share a table with her... Of course she agreed and had small talk.
When our friend joined us in the line, the models recognized our friend and suddenly invited us to sit with them. That was one "awesome" moment for us. We got good seats and got the chance to talk to these humble and kind "mom" models. So yeah, I finally said they are moms -- but, I have to say they are "hot mamas."
They very kind and sweet to us. Even if they are the seƱoras of the modelling world, they don't act like one. They even fool around with their colleagues and told some organizers that we are their nieces.
It was an inspiring night for me to receive that kind of kindness from people in such a high society industry. They should be respected but they never demand it.
Every time, I hear their names or see them on television I can't help but smile and tell to myself that someday I want to be like them-- not to be a model because I will never be-- but I want to be like them wherein through all their experiences and achievements their feet never left the ground.
Most of the time, whenever people achieved something and got really famous.. they tend to forget who they are. I've worked with some celebrities during photo shoots and you can actually see who they are off camera. Some are really smart and all but some will get you really disappointed. There is really a difference between off and on camera.
They look like fun and kind on television but is really a douche in real life. Or maybe I'm just being a judgmental. Maybe, that person is having a bad day. But, I often compare that person to this famous tv host. He is one of the most respected in the industry but when I got the chance to talk to him, he never showed any signs of being a primadonna. I remember that time my friend and I said he can be a diva if he wants to because HE IS SOMEONE IN THE INDUSTRY but he never was. He is smiling at everybody as he happily shares his story, his humble beginnings. he laughs at small things, requests kindly things from his assistants, talks to everyone etc etc.
Well, I don't know what's really one's definition of humility and kindness but according to what I've experienced, it is being modest all the time. Being kind to anyone even if you know that they will not be kind to you.
It is being a normal human being who cares for everybody.
Because at the end of the day, being too proud and unkind can never get you anywhere.
p.s. FREE WRITING.
No comments:
Post a Comment