Free Writing
I was sitting in front of the place where there's loud music and full of booze. It is not a place I enjoy but it is my friends kind of night. Everyone is just stressed for the upcoming event and they said they want to enjoy the moment. It is not that I hate places like this but it is just not my thing. I'd rather break my eardrums in gigs or concerts than dance to party music all night with people trying to dance with you. Actually, sometimes I have good times whenever I'm with my friends, maybe an hour or two but after that I prefer to sit here outside and wait for them.
It was cold night. It is almost three o'clock in the morning but people are still coming in to the bar. When you observe these party goers, you'll see excitement. happiness, or "whatever happy thing you have in mind" on their faces.
I wish I have that enthusiasm when I'm in this place but my friends gave up on me. They're confused on why I can plan any event or any party but I can't enjoy myself during our chill nights.
Well, I don't know. I really don't know.
I'd rather sit here than watch them get drunk. I'm okay being alone until someone sat beside me. I don't really want to have any conversation right now but this is my seat. I will not leave. I just pray that this person will not talk to me.
Ten minutes have passed and this person talked to me and offered me his drink. Of course, I refused it but I talked to him, looks like he won't remember me because he looks kinda drunk. We talked about different things under the sun. He said he has a band and I don't want to believe him. He said he's in the city to start his Master's Degree. He left his band to explore more of the world. He said he never read a book his entire life. He said he had two serious girlfriends. He said he never wrote songs, he just let his band mates write whatever they want. He said he has this ex-girlfriend whom he wants to meet again and maybe catch up or just say Hi. He never really got over her. He said his tired of people telling him what to do, He said he misses his family. He was just the one talking the whole time. It's like he has opened his whole life to me, a stranger.
Until, I said to him... Of all the things that you said what are the truth and what are the lies?
He looked at me with his sad eyes and realized I knew that some of the things that he said are not the truth.
He smiled at me and I started this game with him...
Me: Master's Degree?
Him: Lie. I'm still thinking of getting one.
Me: Band?
Him: Truth.
Me: Left the band?
Him: I want to. just for a while.
Me: Book?
Him: Truth... kinda truth.
He said he just read one book recommended to her by his ex girlfriend. He admitted that he liked
it.
Me: Ex girlfriends???
Him: Okay... One ex-girlfriend and many flings, acquaintances and all.
Me: How about the story? Want to meet again, can't get over stuff..
Him: Truth.
And I didn't bother to elaborate my question.
Me: One last thing, writing a song?
Him: Lie. I probably wrote most of my band's songs.
Me: Would you want to share a few lines from your favorite composition?
Him: Sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment