Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

#my500words: the songs

free writing

One of my favorite things to do in the internet is to search song lyrics. Sometimes, I even over analyze the meaning of the songs. It was a hobby since I was in high school. There are times that I guess right the song's meaning while most of the time, I'm really really wrong.

I remember when Britney Spears released the song "Everytime" and as I listened to it I told my friends that it is dedicated for Justin Timberlake. Actually, I never had the exact details but I constantly read in past articles that Brit wrote it with a friend while they are nursing their broken hearts or something...

Cry me a river by Justin Timberlake, of course it's about Britney! kbye.

There's this one time, I listened to all of Maroon 5's albums. I was stuck listening to their Overexposed album (btw, Songs about Jane is still my favorite.) The song Beautiful Goodbye is on repeat for a month on my playlist. I thought that the song is for Anne V. from Adam Levine. It was super funny because I even searched for articles that will tell that beautiful goodbye is dedicated to Anne. Everybody assumed that it is for her. I personally, love the song. Even if I haven't experienced it myself, a break up is not a beautiful thing but it will be after you have moved on and let go.

"When i first met you we're so in love that night, Now I'm kissing your tears good night, I can't take it, you're even perfect when you cry, beautiful goodbye"

Ugh. they were so perfect together. Why do they need to break up? Kbye. Sorry for this. haha.

Until, I listed to Maroon 5's Sad - I am sure this is for Anne! haha. One of #TeamAdam's singer sang it in the show and Adam kinda said something "that he wrote it with James Valentine during the time when he hit rock bottom.. something about heartbreak.." I really can't remember his exact words. haha.

Almost is never enough by Ariana Grande. God knows that this was on repeat for months.

I remember writing an article the whole day while listening to this song. Actually the lyrics said it all. Aside from analyzing things, I also like to make my own scenarios while listening to songs. Yes, we can call it music videos but in my own interpretation.

In almost is never enough, I imagined a girl going somewhere far to be alone and to think. She remembered that beautiful and at the same time, saddest moment of her life. It could have been called a meaningful summer fling but both of them knows it can be a long lasting relationship. They met during a time when they just want to be alone. No commitments, no hook ups, no flirting.. but they clicked. They were having the best time of their lives but it is not their reality. They live different lives. As they went back to their own whereabouts that's when they tried to work things out. During the time when they are taking a break, everything is spontaneous. Now, that they're back to reality, everything is a mess. They are not on the same page anymore but they tried. They gave their all but the universe feels like working against them. Until, they decided to let each other go. Almost.... but almost is never enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment