This article was my exam for Editorial Writing. I got a high grade on this which means the Guillermo Santos standard. This is just a simple editorial back then, I got the chance to reread it and I thought that the original article has many empty spots. I tried to change some of it for sample work pursposes. It is not timely because I made this 2 years ago...
I just changed the middle and last parts (where my editorial really begins). The first two paragraph are facts... :)
The Philippines and other poor Asian countries are no longer G-8’s priority. The sad news came from our former National Treasurer Leonor Briones when she came from Germany. She added, that the G-8 countries (France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Russia) will just spread their help to Africa and give other poor countries in Asia, little attention.
The G8 leaders’ aimed to place the African continent firmly on their international agenda’s list of priorities. The premise for this new focus was the awareness that Africa has been deprived of the international community’s much needed attention for far too long. It was a way of recognizing adequacies of the past.
Now that the Philippines is no longer G8’s priority, we have to stand alone and work for our country’s economic recovery.
We might think that it would be hard because of the Global economic Recession, but eversince the country is already experiencing recession.
The Philippines has many useful resources. The people should just learn how to use them properly. Everyone should also help the government in gaining our country’s progress. If we want change we should start from ourselves. As the MMDA sign board says, Akala ko ba gusto mo ng Pagbabago?. Nobody has a perfect government but if all the rules were followed strictly maybe our country will be a better place to live in to.
It’s time to open your eyes and face the fact that the government is not the problem, not only the pro government, not the anti but all of us. We are all part of the problem and maybe we should all think things over.
Hearing the phrases “They should do this..., Why didn’t they do that?” is so whiny. Why can’t someone say, “What can I do to help?”
"We are all part of the problem." That said, when there's a problem, you can be part of the cure, too! Things aren't going to change unless everyone works to make a difference. I'm learning that. Two of my absolute favorite quotes are:
ReplyDelete"How wonderful it is that no one has to wait, but can start right now to gradually change the world!" (Anne Frank)
and
"Even the smallest person can change the the course of the future." (Galadriel in the Lord of the Rings)
Great work!
Thanks Taylor... Super thanks!!! :)
ReplyDeleteNo problem! :)
ReplyDelete