Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Cinemalaya 2011


Cinemalaya 2011 (for me) is the most popular out of my three years in watching Cinemalaya films. This year, they used most of the visible celebrities in the country for most of the entries. I didn't have any problems with that but I just miss the time when people watch the films because they're curious of the plot or the new indie actor/actress. According to Direk Erick Salud during Ligo na U, Lapit na me's gala night, "pinaglaban nila ang dalawang pangunahing artista sa film na yun." then I asked Debbie (my friend), "Ipaglalaban? why? Hello, Mercedes Cabral is the bomb! Why do they have to fight for her for that role, for me indie film also equals to Mercedes Cabral. Then i concluded that maybe because most of the films used (mostly) mainstream celebs. Nevertheless, the film's still good and also super funny! I can't imagine any actress who can play the role of Jenny."


Part of the scene of Ligo na U lapit na me (if you have read the book, you'll be smiling all through out the movie because they didn't made any major changes for the film... The films even funnier than the book.)

I noticed that most of the viewers watched the certain film because "ui andyan si *insert name of famous celeb*, "PAPICTURE tayo kay *insert name of celebrities who went there to watch the movie*. Anyway, I'm also happy for Cinemalaya because people is now recognizing INDEPENDENT FILM MAKING not the usual mainstream film with plots of boy meets girl vice versa. Finally, people are growing up. :)

Its sad that before we are a complete group when watching Cinemalaya films... Anyway, Cinemalaya will be there every year, for sure we'll find time so that we'll be complete. :)

Keep Supporting Philippine Independent Films!



Some of the films i was not able to watch.. Hmmm. i hope there would be some independent screenings and I think Rakenrol will be shown nationwide on September. yey! :)


Til the next Cinemalaya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment