I've been waiting for dear john movie since last year. What's sad is, I thought it will be a good one even if there would be minor changes.
What i don't understand is:
Why do they have to change Allan and Tim's story? It is beautiful in the book why change it? :(
It would give a big impact if Allan will just be seen in the mid part.
Why can't I feel the love of John and Savannah while watching the movie.
Where is Mrs. ... (I forgot her name) but the woman who has been a good neighbor to the Tyrees?
Why is John the only person in his Dad's burial? Its not what's described in the book.
I didn't enjoy the war scenes, its too plain. Or is there any? :P
Why didn't I hear this:
John: I love you Dad
Dad: (without looking at him): I love you John
*it will make the people love John more. or it will make them smile to a see a scene like that, its like a soldier saying i love you to his dad :) sweet!
I have too many questions, *dapat pala ko nagdala ng notepad para naisulat ko. kulang pa to eh*
*blah blah *blah
I know i've been to *madaldal about this. It's just that I love the book so much.
Another thing, THE ENDING. OH! forgive me!, its not the ending in the book guys. I expected more. Part of me knows that they will change the ending but some part of me hopes that they would try to stick to the book's ending. It maybe not be a happy ending but its a good ending. Something more special.
But, I'm wrong. Very wrong. Again, they ruined the story.
Eliza also didn't enjoy the movie. Like me, she had read the book and she had her share of why like this? why not like that? *blah blah blah!*
Plus points in the movie?
We just drool over Channing Tatum. That's it. haha!
I like the cinematography :)
John's Dad cooking Lasagna (*finally they got something right*)
though its not in the book - i like the "its never bigger than your thumb" line from John tyree.
And the "i'll see you then" :)
So, i'll give the movie 2 stars for Channing Tatum :) LOL
Nako. andami palang binago. >_<
ReplyDeleteThe ending's their worst flaw. Haynaku.
sobra riz. actually, ang dami pang kulang dyan eh... hahaha
ReplyDeleteYah. start pa lang i said to lai, HUH???!!!
nakakahurt kasi parang nasira yun story.. *for me.
pero may nabasa akong isang positive review na ok daw kasi hindi masyado nag focus sa love story but sa Social prob about dun kay dad na may asperger
pero for me, halos hindi ko naramdaman yun sa dad nya, hindi na narrate ng maayos. mas may impact talaga kung like sa book na...
John would tell i love you to his dad... then his dad will answer back pero he di tumitingin sa kanya...
walang ganun e :(
sad.
pero yung sa moon? like ko yun
haha and their "ill see you then..." awts
I haven't read the book yet, nor seen the movie, but based on your real review of the movie in relation to the book, the hollywood style of happy endings come to light.
ReplyDeleteit's more of a 'what do you expect?' scenario, more than anything..
then again, movies based on books (or books TURNED into movies) should be considered separately because it is a different medium.. (i mean, commercialization aside)
i don't know. i'm not really trying to make an argument because it depends on whether the producers promised a very loyal movie or not, you know?
like, if you didn't read the book, would you still be able to appreciate the movie? if you didn't want to read the book but they followed it to a T, would you be able to understand the story?
hmm..
@ZEE hello :) thanks for your comment... :))
ReplyDeleteI understand :)
we have our different opinions :)
Nacarried away lang din talaga ko. because i love the book so much. I also understand na the producers can change the storyline or whatever. Nag expect na ko ng ganun.
Kasi ganun naman talaga (mostly!)
Pero some scenes changed na sana hindi na lang binago... ayun :))
and kung hindi ko nabasa yun book, siguro hindi ko pa rin magugustuhan yun movie.. well, except for channing. hahaha! :))
<3