So, maybe I should make a new post for the book itself. (finally, i'm able to make this post! I really hope the movie won't change the important scenes in the book.)

*(minor)spoilers alert!
Just like any other drama books, it made me cry, laugh, smile and frown. I fell in love with John Tyree not because he is a soldier (that's a plus point!) but because he is a man, who is not selfish. He is an extraordinary person, willing to share, to give and to love unconditionally. Savannah Lynn Curtis, the girl I adore, I hate, I cursed then love again.
Another plus point in the book, is John's relationship with his dad. I have a thing for Dad's! I'm a daddy's girl. HAHA! They don't have tight connection but in the mid part of the book, John will value the importance of his dad in his life. The scene about the COIN COLLECTION, pinched my heart.
Actually, I really want to tell everything in this post but it will not be good to spoil a good book! haha. Just read it guys.
If you'll ask me if its cheesy. Yes, it is.Some parts are too mushy to read but still some words from John made me cringe :) He is one of those who could utter words that would make you feel really special.
On the mid part of the book, I already felt that it will be an unhappy ending. Then I changed my mind maybe it will be happy. Then, I got engrossed with the war scene that I almost forgot that the last letter of Savannah to John is one of the most hurtful letter a soldier can receive from his girlfriend. That's when I said, I didn't see it coming!
Then John and Savannah met again. They talked. Reminisced. love each other in silence.
It is something that I always wanted to put in my story "Love each other in silence" but Nicholas Sparks already made it. HAHA!
Then the ending happened. People close to me can predict the ending when I'll say that its my dream ending. It is a good ending, in some way it can be happy and it can be also sad. HAHA
*ang gulo ko diba?" Just read the book.
I'm reading some reviews about the book. Some are positive and of course, there would be negative comments. I just pity the people who says that the book is lame yet they haven't even hold the book and read it. They even tell that Nicholas Sparks is lame etc etc. Well, all I can say is, if he's lame then why do CREDIBLE people give positive reviews to his works. Why do producers turn his novels into movies?
Maybe, he's not the best writer of all times, but he can be one of the bests who could write drama/love story novels. He is one of my role models aside from Mr. Mitch Albom. :)
So, Dear John.
You made my heart cry so much I really hope the movie is good. I hope Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried could bring justice to your story. :)
Love, Kristina
P.S. To my readers if you know the HISTORY OF DEAR JOHN LETTER, you'll already know the story of the book. :)
--“I love you, not just for now, but for always, and I dream of the day that you’ll take me in your arm again.”
No comments:
Post a Comment