Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Find hard work you love doing.

If I could offer my eighteen-year-old self some real career advice, I’d tell myself not to base my career choice on other people’s ideas, goals, and recommendations. I’d tell myself not to pick a major because it’s popular, or statistically creates graduates who make the most money. I’d tell myself that the right career choice is based on one key point: Finding hard work you love doing. As long as you remain true to yourself, and follow your own interests and values, you can find success through passion. Perhaps more importantly, you won’t wake up several years later working in a career field you despise, wondering “How the heck am I going to do this for the next 30 years?” So if you catch yourself working hard and loving every minute of it, don’t stop. You’re on to something big. Because hard work ain’t hard when you concentrate on your passions.

Via http://www.divinecaroline.com/22307/108585-things-wish-someone-told-eighteen#ixzz0tU01xwDR

This one article keeps me going. I'm having my daily Stumble Upon searching when yeah! Stumbled on this. Its been almost three months after graduation... I still haven't found a decent job. Yes, it is the cause of my depressions, frustrations,.. that would also turn into positive thinking and never losing hope blog posts. Sorry for that. And because of this I turn into my journal more often...

The truth is, I had calls from companies but they're not in line with my course... Call me selfish but, I really want to have a job that I can enjoy and something that would bring out the best in me. Sadly, it has not arrive yet. So thank you for this article. :)

I will still keep my hopes up.

3 comments:

  1. It's definitely not selfish to want a job you love; in fact, I think it's just taking care of yourself. If it feels selfish, think about it this way - if you're unhappy, people around you may be, too. And besides, what's the fun in life if you're not doing something you love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "what's the fun in life if you're not doing something you love?"

    --- that means so much taylor.. REALLY. *teary eyed* thanks for supporting me on this. :) Thank you. Thank you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you're welcome. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete