As for me and my officemates, a time to have a break, a vacation or whatever you want to call it. We planned to go to Polilio Island then thought that it might be dangerous to travel thru boat ride on that day. So, we decided to go to Calaguas Island. CALAGUAAAAS!!!
![]() |
| photo not mine. got it from their fb page |
And because I don't know what to do during the break (except for writing my articles and catching up on my tv series and BOOKS), I ask my mama if she wants to have a Visita Iglesia around the churches in our town on Thursday. She's game for it so I will share you about our own Visita Iglesia.
So this is how I spent my Maundy Thursday with my Mama. :)
So this is how I spent my Maundy Thursday with my Mama. :)
Our first stop, Sto. Rosario Parish Church --the church where we always hear mass. :)
Sto. Rosario Parish Altar
This little girl is so adorable. I think she's with her parents doing their own Visita Iglesia too. I saw her when we transferred to the next church, too.
Second stop: San Lorenzo Parish
This is my first time to be in this church. They say that if it is your first time to visit a church --you should wish and it will be granted. I don't know if it is true but it wouldn't hurt to try so I did! haha
My mama trying to reread her prayer booklet.
Hers is the old version that is why she is confused. Haha
Third Stop: A church in Chrysanthemum Village (Sorry, i forgot the name :/)
Mama! :)
It is so good to see a family, praying together. :)
Fourth Stop: Our Lady of Sto. Rosario Parish (it has the same name with our parish..)
Also my first time here. *wish*
Fifth stop: The Church that is closest to my heart. Sto. Niño de Cebu Parish.
The church of my high school Alma Mater. This is where we have our First Friday Mass. I remember this is where we've shoot our short film (for our Filipino class) back in Senior year. So many memories. Few walks away from my high school but it is summer break so I decided not to go inside the school. :)
Sixth stop: Miraculous Medal Parish :) It has just a small congregation and the church is small (sorry haven't took more of the church's interior.)
After the Visita Iglesia, we went home and rest.
It is very hot during the afternoon. You know when it is so hot you cannot think clearly? Gosh. It is really summer after all! haha!
I may not be in the beach but I still wore a cover up while I'm in the house!!!! hahaha It is a crazy hot summer!!! Ugh!!!
crazy mode on! sorry for this! hahaha!
Now's the time for me to finish reading Looking for Alaska and Kafka on the Shore (how many times do I have to tell this to myself?!)
Ta-ta!
Because it is vacation, I have more time to blog! Yey! Oh my gosh I'm rambling?!














Wow, those churches are all so gorgeous, and it sounds like you and your mother had a wonderful time visiting them all! The Holy Week sounds like a really nice tradition, and I hope you enjoy yourself. Also, have a ton of fun visiting Calaguas Island!! :D
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
Happy Easter Taylor! Yes, wish us luck on that Calaguas Island tour. I really hope it will pursue! :)
DeleteI hope so, too! Hugs!
Delete