Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Being Human with Emotions

Tao muna ako bago ako naging Journalist. -Kara David

It is not her exact words it is how I understand it.

In my sophomore year in college, we were taught to forget emotions whenever we are in duty. You have to forget feelings in order for you to deliver the story well (as said by our Professor.) I am a very emotional person. I always choose love over anger so I really tried to forget feelings/emotions. Practice makes perfect. :))

I experienced an actual training when we covered the Interfaith Rally organized by NUJP last summer (for my internship). We listened to the victims' families talk about their life after the devastating incident in Maguindanao. How do they live without the fathers of their family. How do they feel whenever random people would send death threats?  My co-interns even got teary-eyed during the event. I did not look at the the wives because they are crying so hard while they are telling the press that they wake up everyday feeling clueless about everything... What will happen next, can they seek justice? (I'm crossing my fingers for that)...

I remember when I got home, I go straight to my mama's room, get my towel and take a bathe. Tears roll down on my cheeks when I reached the bath room. It is really depressing to witness those things in such an emotional environment. Everyone has tissue, trying to control their emotions as the wives speak...

So why do I have to tell this story?

It's because I can do my work and be human too (after work :p.)

No comments:

Post a Comment